Cat litter is mainly used by cats to absorb their urine and bury their feces. It is commonly used in combination with cat litter basin, short for cat toilet. The cat may have put too little litter, or the cat does not like the litter. Or you don’t like the litter pan that the owner…Details
Actually for just adopt a cat to use the cat litter, can be used for your cat before beginning with used cat litter, but later slowly until the cat can be replaced after familiar with the environment, after all the cat contact with cat litter every day, on the choice cat owners should also…Details
A few cat arenas commonly used have what characteristic most economical and affordable affirmation is bentonite, also be a cat arenas that use most, because price is affordable, knot deodorization is good also. But bentonite cat litter, compared to other cat litter, is still very serious dust. Small grains of sand are brought out by…Details
Open cat toilets are common and are the first choice for beginners. Some people buy pet litter pans for their pets, others use human wash basins or even cardboard boxes for cat litter POTS. Using an open cat toilet, it’s easy to spread the smell, but it’s also easy to get the smell through the air, so keep it ventilated in the summer.
Comments: if the cat litter box is in the bathroom, you can leave the ventilation fan on for a long time. If placed next to the window, a cloth curtain can be used to cover it, so that the cat litter will not be directly exposed to the sun, and can be ventilated.
2. Enclosed cat toilet deodorant
Enclosed cat toilets often give people a false impression that the smell will not spread because they are closed. However, experienced cat owners have found that although the smell will not spread quickly, it is also very difficult to volatilize. Not only is the smell in the toilet unbearable, but the air odor concentration around the litter pan is several times higher than that of the open cat toilet, resulting in many cats unwilling to go to the closed cat toilet in summer.
Remarks: the closed cat toilet must be cleaned with higher frequency. The cat toilet should be opened every day to disperse the smell, so that the stink of the closed cat toilet will evaporate early.
Two: cheap and easy to use, these things can deodorant.
In order to deodorant, we had to invite some outside help to put something near the cat litter or litter pan, which would make the air around the cat toilet in summer much cleaner.
1. Activated carbon: activated carbon is known to absorb odors and purify air. You can buy some hanging or placed near a cat toilet. Especially for the closed cat toilet, activated carbon can be sealed with gauze, glued in the closed cat toilet covered in a number of locations, can also be scattered on the foot pad, even if the smell can not be timely volatile, can also be absorbed by activated carbon.
2. Disinfectant water: use disinfectant water that is not harmful to cats. It is better to use pet disinfectant. In particular, special deodorant to remove the smell of cat urine, cat litter pan around the air purification more effective. But be careful not to dilute too much, or the smell will make the cat sick.
3. Professional deodorant powder: actually, there is a special deodorant powder for cat litter earlier. If you haven’t used it before, you can consider using it in summer. These deodorant powders come in a variety of flavors, not only to cover up odors, but also to dry cat litter and make it easier to form clumps. Note, however, that some deodorant powders have a strong fragrance that can be uncomfortable for those who hate the fragrance, so it’s important to choose the scent you like.
4. Crushed tea powder: go to the tea market or buy some cheap crushed tea powder (no more than 30 yuan per kg) on the cat litter, which can not only cover the smell, but also is natural and environmentally friendly, which will not put a burden on the respiratory tract of the cat. But be careful to spread more, too little may not be enough.
Appearance: white or off-white round or irregularly shaped particles.
It is currently the most commonly used cat litter. It is highly absorbent and can quickly absorb moisture from feces into a large hard mass. Clotting cat litter solves the problem of urine, which can be clotted into pieces and removed together with convenient hygiene. If encounter sparse, also can successfully absorb a regiment, no longer have the annoyance that common cat litter can’t pack. When the clotted cat litter is gradually consumed, new cat litter can be added to the cat litter at any time.
Some also add perfume or perfume bead or fresh mint smell, clear cat arenaceous when, can reduce the number that stops to breathe temporarily. More advanced still have bactericidal composition, or will arenaceous colorific cat is arenaceous arenaceous, have visual effect quite. Common cat litter and clotted cat litter are all made of natural sand and the excreta will return to nature soon.
White, yellow, gray globose or blocky
260% or higher
850-950 – g/L
Pros: for cats, this litter is lighter, has a better foot feel, and works well for a cat whose nature is prone to burials. Some brands of cat litter do a good job in terms of odor absorption. If there are not many cats in the house, it can be basically tasteless to clean them every day.
Disadvantages: excessive dust, if the cat litter bowl is placed in the room, the furniture surface will gradually adhere to a thin layer of white powder, the cat body also has a smell of dirt. Because cat sand particles are so small, they can get stuck in the slits of the cat’s toes.
Note: bentonite cat litter is a good choice for home use. You can remove cat droppings at any time, but there is a lot of dust. Since cats ingest bentonite litter, which can damage their breathing and digestive systems, special care should be taken.
Crystal cat sand is translucent pellet beads or some irregular particles, some brands will be mixed with different colors of beads, the effect of mildew, antibacterial, deodorant and so on. The advantage of crystal cat arenaceous is absorptive force is strong, bead after absorbing urine can change color, until whole basin is about 8 when…Details
Cat litter is a must-have item for cats, which parents keep for their cats to bury their feces and urine. Cat litter and litter pans are items that must be carefully selected by every cat owner. Cats are smart and clean animals. They usually do not defecate in public. Whenever they need to excrete, they always look for “sand” or grassland.
In the past, especially in the countryside, cat owners would always put “yellow sand” in a corner of the yard, and cats would be used to solving excrements. But living in a city these days, it’s clear you can’t lay a sandy beach at home. Faced with such a situation, cat litter came into being. In the early days, cat litter was mainly non-condensable, mainly for the purpose of collecting cat feces. Cat litter today has much stronger properties than earlier ones. The water absorption of cat litter, deodorization, the nature of the knot board made it popular.
According to the characteristics of use, cat litter can be divided into two categories:
1. Lumps of cat litter, whose main ingredient is bentonite, will form a ball after encountering urine or feces, which is helpful for cleaning.
2. No cat litter, no aggregation of urine and no aggregation of feces, which shall be replaced as a whole.
Main advantages of cat litter: deodorization, rapid moisture absorption, long lasting effect, antibacterial, easy to handle.
And their shortcomings are obvious.
1. Many cats are interested in cat litter. It is dangerous to eat it.
2. The smell of cat litter is very heavy. Each change is like a nightmare.
3. Some cats will cough when replacing litter.
Nowadays the market is a wide variety of cat litter, pet owners feel difficult when the choice, in the case of don’t know you could get some out of heart cat litter, mainly pet owners didn’t do your homework, some cat sand in to use the cat will produce large amounts of dust, when…Details
The cat is dissatisfied with the texture or smell of cat litter. The cat toilet is placed in a place where many people come and go and make noises. The cat has been disturbed or frightened when the toilet is excreted or nearby. Sand is the object that the cat that the owner raises for…Details
Alkaline substances, such as gypsum, contained in traditional cat litter, suggest that alkalinization of a cat’s body may be one of the causes of genitourinary syndrome in FUS cats. Therefore, it is recommended to use sawdust cat litter to reduce the risk (especially for male cats). 1. Standard wood sand: pine wood, 6 mm in…Details