Cat litter is a must-have item for cats, which parents keep for their cats to bury their feces and urine. Cat litter and litter pans are items that must be carefully selected by every cat owner. Cats are smart and clean animals. They usually do not defecate in public. Whenever they need to excrete, they always look for “sand” or grassland.
In the past, especially in the countryside, cat owners would always put “yellow sand” in a corner of the yard, and cats would be used to solving excrements. But living in a city these days, it’s clear you can’t lay a sandy beach at home. Faced with such a situation, cat litter came into being. In the early days, cat litter was mainly non-condensable, mainly for the purpose of collecting cat feces. Cat litter today has much stronger properties than earlier ones. The water absorption of cat litter, deodorization, the nature of the knot board made it popular.
According to the characteristics of use, cat litter can be divided into two categories:
1. Lumps of cat litter, whose main ingredient is bentonite, will form a ball after encountering urine or feces, which is helpful for cleaning.
2. No cat litter, no aggregation of urine and no aggregation of feces, which shall be replaced as a whole.
Main advantages of cat litter: deodorization, rapid moisture absorption, long lasting effect, antibacterial, easy to handle.
And their shortcomings are obvious.
1. Many cats are interested in cat litter. It is dangerous to eat it.
2. The smell of cat litter is very heavy. Each change is like a nightmare.
3. Some cats will cough when replacing litter.